Wednesday, October 31, 2007

DO YOU FEAR THE FORCE OF THE WIND?

By Hamlin Garland

Do you fear the force of the wind,
The slash of the rain?
Go face them and fight them,Be savage again.

Go hungry and cold like the wolf,
Go wade like the crane:
The palms of your hands will thicken,
The skin of your cheek will tan,
You ’ll grow ragged and weary and swarthy,

But you ’ll walk like a man!


Funny how too many people are too afraid to get their hands dirty, try out new things, expand their horizon or explore the unknown... funny how such unfounded fears often makes people realize one day that because they were too afraid to leave their comfort zones, their life has actually just passed away without them "realizing" it.

All my life, I've always been scared... yet I walk tall.

Yet I continue to struggle -- in hopes that one day, I shall reach my "final destination."


0 comments: