Friday, July 25, 2008



by Lisa Roberts



For an Eternity I’ve felt anger
For a lifetime I’ve felt Pain
I feel pain for the little girl in me
that had to grow up before her time
I feel pain for the teenager
that never got the chance
to have friends to lime
I feel pain for the young woman
who everyone used trickery
and deceit on
I feel pain for the adult who
gave her whole life
and soul to carry her baby
I feel pain for the adult who
had her baby to early and prayed
for him to survive
I feel pain for the woman who
watched her son fight to stay with her
I feel pain for the woman
who never got to hold him
and tell him everything was going to be ok
I feel pain for the soul who watched
her son died while doing everything to help him

Today I still feel a stifling pain
Towards the people who should have
protected me and did not
I feel pain for lashes life dealt me
I feel pain for the friends that used me,
hurt me both body and soul
I feel pain for the child, girl, woman
who could not bring herself to hate anyone
I feel pain that even after
every painful event in my life
I could still pray and forgive

I feel pain all over, a pain
that may never leave my life


***************************

It has been too long. It has been too much.



0 comments: