Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Beginnings


I take a stroll on the beach
The wind blows through my hair
My dress clings to my skin
The moonlight glistens off my face

I pull the band off my finger
I kiss the golden ring
I toss the shiny object to the sea
Never to be seen again

I feel the sand between my toes
I begin to run and dance along the shore
A melody of happiness sings in my soul
The harmony of freedom comes from within

My heart conducts the orchestra
The symphony begins to play
My tears disappear like notes on the waves
The song embodies the very essence of my soul

The tide comes in around my feet
Cleansing me of all mistakes
I am set free at last
Reborn, yet again

I can hear the flutes play
The trumpets come to birth
Followed by the violin and the coronet
My soul has been released

My song floats on the wind
Through the sky, past the stars
My angel smiles down upon me
Playing her harp from above

A prayer I hear from my lips
And a voice from within sings
"Hallelujah, Hallelujah!
Oh God, thank you! AMEN!"



by Jeanne Carlson

2 comments:

John said...

I can see and feel this new beginning. Happy new year!

Vinay said...

very good, it amazing...